Friday, August 21, 2009

Obtain a Cold War Certificate...

If you served honorably on active duty, the Guard, Reserve, or as a DOD federal employee from Sept 2, 1945 to Dec 26, 1991, you are authorized the Cold War Recognition Certificate. Here's how to obtain your copy free:

You will need proof of your service, such as a DD Form 214 (Record of Military Service).

-Prepare, date, and sign a letter, requesting the award of the Cold War Recognition Certificate. You can also fill out an official request form at the Army's Cold War Recognition Certificate Website.
-Send the letter or request form, and a copy of your service proof to:

U.S. Army Human Resources Command
Cold War Recognition Program, Hoffman II, Room 3N45
200 Stovall Street
Alexandria, VA 22332-0473
-You may also FAX the letter and proof to: 1-800-723-9262.

Additional tips: Your letter must contain the phrase "I certify that my service was honorable and faithful" or it will be rejected. Do not send the original of your proof of service. Send a copy. Original documentation will not be returned. There is a large demand for this program; and the current backlog time is about 6 months.

Click here for more information.